End of an ERA. A few weeks ago the demolition of the original Thompson Electric offices began. 721 14th street location was the original location for Thompson Electric when they started business in Sioux City back in 1933. Back then it was just a small hardware store with Thompson Electric operating out of the back. About 2 years ago, TEC Corp, Thompson Electric and Electric Innovations moved offices from 721 14th St., Sioux City to our current location at 2300 7th Street. During the past 2 years TEC Corp was trying to find a suitable buyer for the property. Last fall a deal was finalized with Family Dollar Store.
The demolition started a couple of weeks ago and the old offices of Electric Innovations was the first to go.
A major part of our company and Sioux City history was created working from that location. Now we look forward to making our history from our new location.